What is PBIS?
- PBIS or “Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports” is a research-based, school-wide systems approach to improve school climate and create safer, more effective schools.
- PBIS is a process. It is not a program or curriculum.
- PBIS creates a common language and goal towards improving climate, culture and behavior.
- PBIS uses data to collect information about each student so that decisions can be made in their best interest.
- PBIS includes all students, all staff, and all settings.
- Click here to learn more about PBIS
What are our school-wide expectations?
How are we tracking data and rewarding the positive behavior we see?
UCCS is using the “Class Dojo” program school-wide. Class Dojo is a free, customizable behavior management and skill tracking tool.
Dojo tracks student behavior in real-time that students, teachers and parents can track at all times. Both positive and negative points are awarded based on predetermined catagories that are consistent across the school. Students have been taught what the expected (positive) behaviors are. They have also been taught what the unexpected (negative) behaviors are.
Parents can monitor their students Dojo by logging in each morning and watching their progress all day.
Click here to learn more about Dojo
What do we do with this information?
Every day, students with an 80% or more postitive behavior in a day will fill out a “3 Be Ticket”. That ticket enters the student into a daily drawing for a prize. Four elementary and two middle school students are chosen randomly every day for a prize. All of the tickets are then entered into a larger monthly prize drawing. The tickets for the year are then saved and and used for an even larger end of the year prize.
Thank You!! 2014-2015 Sponsors
Thank you to Adventure Landing, Seabreeze, SkyZone and Salvatore’s for donating prizes to PBIS!!