The 2019–2020 Urban Choice Charter School lottery will be held Friday, April 5, 2019. All applicants will receive a letter in the mail indicating the child’s acceptance or wait list status.
The Urban Choice Charter School will continue to accept enrollment applications throughout the year, however applications received after the lottery date will automatically be put on the wait list.
Thank you for inquiring into the programs offered at the Urban Choice Charter School.
If you completed an application and were placed on the waiting list during the 2018–2019 academic year, you must still complete this application.
Applications do not rollover annually.
- Applications are accepted between January 2019 and April 1, 2019.
- Applications must be completed through https://www.goodschoolsroc.org
- Enrollment for new students is conducted by lottery from the pool of applications received.
- The Urban Choice Charter School uses a non-partisan, third-party firm to conduct the lottery process.
- The lottery will identify the children who will have the first right of refusal for any available enrollment positions.
- Families with children who are identified as siblings (brothers and/or sisters residing at the same residence) will receive first preference.
- Children residing within the political borders of the City of Rochester will receive preference
over children from outside these boundaries.
- Please note: We are expecting very limited availability in Grades 1–8.
We appreciate your interest in and support of our efforts to Redefine Urban Education for our children in the City of Rochester. If selected via the lottery, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment to complete all necessary paperwork.