The 2018–2019 Urban Choice Charter School lottery will be held Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. in the elementary school building. All applicants will receive a letter in the mail indicating the child’s acceptance or wait list status.
The Urban Choice Charter School will continue to accept enrollment applications throughout the year, however applications received after the lottery date will automatically be put on the wait list.
Thank you for inquiring into the programs offered at the Urban Choice Charter School.
If you completed an application and were placed on the waiting list during the 2016–2017 academic year, you must still complete this application.
Applications do not rollover annually.
- Applications are accepted between January 2, 2018 and April 6, 2018.
- Enrollment for new students is conducted by lottery from the pool of applications received.
- The Urban Choice Charter School uses a non-partisan, third-party firm to conduct the lottery process.
- The lottery will identify the children who will have the first right of refusal for any available enrollment positions.
- Families with children who are identified as siblings (brothers and/or sisters residing at the same residence) will receive first preference.
- Children residing within the political borders of the City of Rochester will receive preference
over children from outside these boundaries.
- Please note: We are expecting very limited availability in Grades 1–8.
We appreciate your interest in and support of our efforts to Redefine Urban Education for our children in the City of Rochester. If selected via the lottery, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment to complete all necessary paperwork.
Documents and Forms
Downloadable documents and forms require Adobe Reader. Please call the office at 288-5702 if you need them mailed to you instead.
Please be sure to identify the grade you are applying for, which may differ from the grade in which your child is currently enrolled. Upon completion of the application, mail the original form to:
Urban Choice Charter School
545 Humboldt St
Rochester, NY 14610
Attn: Lisa King