Every charter school in New York State is governed by its own non-profit board of trustees. The UCCS board is comprised of volunteers whose main responsibilities include setting policy for the school and ensuring the school meets its obligations stated in the charter. The Board of Trustees is also responsible for the creating and enforcing policies governing the school including school’s student discipline policy, staff code of conduct, school budget, facilities, financial operations, etc.
The responsibilities and obligations of the Urban Choice Charter School’s board of trustees include the following:
- Ensure that the school adheres to the mission, the terms of its charter, and applicable New York State and federal laws and regulations.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate and hold accountable the performance of the school principal.
- Ensure effective implementation of the educational program so the school operates in an educationally sound manner.
- Approve the charter school’s annual budget, review regular financial updates, and ensure the school operates in a fiscally sound manner.
- Establish and maintain all policies governing the operation of the school.
- Provide support to the charter school with additional fundraising, marketing, and other services as needs arise.
- Establish partnerships with community organizations, institutions of higher learning, nonprofit foundations and corporate entities that support education.
- Adjudicate parent and staff complaints pursuant to the school’s processes.
The UCCS board of trustees meets on the first Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm. The meetings
are held in the music room of the elementary building and open to the public.
Click on the button below to view the BOT meeting minutes. Older meeting minutes may be viewed on the Archives Page under the UCCS Community tab.
BOT Meeting Minutes Archive
|November 16, 2017||Download|
|November 2, 2017||Download|
|June 26 2014||Download|
|August 26 2013||Download|
|June 26 2013||Download|